This is a quick easy project for children of all ages!
You will need:
12" x 6" x 1" Smoothfoam™ rectangle
1 sheet each of emerald green and turquoise blue tissue paper
1 1/4 yards of emerald green grosgrain ribbon
18" piece of 20 gauge wire in silver
8mm sequins in assorted colors
small seed beads size 11/0 or 10/0 in assorted colors, including white or silver
1/2" snowflake punch
1 sheet 6x6" white glitter paper
Modge Podge® Matte
awl / large tapestry needle / skewer
9"x12" light blue craft felt
1. Sketch out the tree. Measure the center of the top of your Smoothfoam™ rectangle. Mark it with your pencil. Line up your ruler between this mark and the bottom right corner. Draw a line. Repeat from the bottom left corner.
2. Collage the tree and sky. Cut each color of tissue paper in half. You will only need one half of each, so save the rest for another project. Cut the tissue paper into small rectangles. Spread a small amount of Modge Podge® Matte onto the tree shape with your sponge brush. Press green tissue paper into place. Repeat until entire tree is covered. Smooth out any wrinkles with the sponge brush. Allow the green to dry before preceding in the same manner with the blue tissue paper for the sky. Allow the blue to overlap along the sides. Give a final coat of Modge Podge across the entire surface and allow to dry.
3. Trim the tree. Pick up a bead and then a sequin with one of the pins and push into tree. Continue in this manner until the tree is "decorated."
4. Add snowflakes. Punch 10-14 snowflakes out of the glitter paper. Pick up a white bead with the pin. Position the snowflake and press the pin through the center. Push the pin until the bead and snowflake are firmly attached.
5. Add the bow. Cut the edge of the ribbon on an angle. Spread a thin amount of white glue along the edge of the rectangle. Press the ribbon into place. Trim excess ribbon, cutting the edge again on an angle to prevent any possible fraying. Cut 2" off the remainder. Form the remainder into a loop and glue the edges together. Take the 2" section and wrap it over the center of the loop and glue the edges together. Glue to the center top of the rectangle. Use a few pins to hold it in place while the glue sets and dries. Remove pins.
6. Cover the back with felt. Measure and cut a 6" x 12" piece of felt. Spread a thin amount of glue along the back. Press felt into place.
7. Add the wire hanger. Wrap the wire around the pencil. Remove the pencil and spread out the "spring." Punch holes on each side of the top a 1/2" in from the edge. Push wire tips into the holes until they are snug.
Hang your decoration on the wall, a door or set it on a table.